Saturday, July 19, 2008

Swimming lessons

Since our family reunion showed us the potential for a fish-son, we decided to take advantage of some swim lessons at the pool. And our neighbor was carpooling with us, so three kids got the lessons and we spent half the money on fuel...well we thought, the pool called Friday to say they have discovered a leak, so we got four lessons of the 8. Better than none, but Brayden is really going to be disappointed when he discovers that there aren't any more. The first day was mostly play, I found he really didn't listen to his teacher very well. I tried to help with that, but it wasn't the best way to handle it. So the second day I told her to give him a timeout on the side of the pool out of the water if he didn't listen, well he got one. He was really upset about it too, not sure just how to feel, but really really sorry!! It worked the next two lessons, he did just as he was asked and didn't wander off alone. The biggest deal is our son loves to have his face in the water, the other 4 kids in his class don't really love it so with Brayden wanting to be under water all the time, its hard to teach and watch him too. I will post some stills and some video. He really had a great time. Thanks Aunt Jody for showing us some of the ropes to helping him learn to swim. :-)

No comments: