Monday, October 17, 2011
Fall is here
Fall is here and the weather is cooling considerably. I find I am not ready for that. I was ready for the garden to be done...until I think about having to actually cook veggies again. That part of the garden being done I am not ready for. We still have some tomatoes to use, but the cucumbers are done, the lettuce and spinich are done and the summer squash are done. All that is left is the winter squash, oh and the carrots which are waiting for the final hard freeze. Need to dig potatoes as well. On the upside I did get to pick strawberries again, they are small but so very sweet.
The boys still enjoy playing outside, we have had a bit of snow and some rain, they just wanted to wear snow boots and pants. They were covered in mud after an hour tho. A few days later I had to wash the boots and airwalks off and let them dry in the sun. It won't be long and there won't be anymore mud, we will just be cold and with a little luck we might have snow.
The fall cleaning needs to be finished, I did get the carpet shampooed though so I got that much done. This month is really quite full of celebrating tho so cleaning might have to wait till I just simply can't stand to go outside. :-)
Brayden turns 7 on Friday, we are taking a trip to Casper for the Reba concert and some swimming and shopping. He is super excited, can hardly wait to go. Then back home for a week and then we head down to Scottsbluff to help Papa Great celebrate his 90th birthday. That will be fun too, we have a hotel with a pool as well there so the boys will really enjoy that.
Things are normal here, boys growing like crazy, time passing very quickly, Roger and I getting older...yup thats all normal. Not much else to report, perhaps that is why I don't get around to posting very often anymore. We are very glad for normal and wouldn't want it any other way. These boys are a wonderful blessing in our life, wouldn't want to live without them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love all the pictures :) Thanks for sharing them! Looking forward to seeing you at the 90th celebration :) John & June
Post a Comment