Wednesday, August 18, 2010

4 Years Ago Today...

Its that time again, we are recognizing Brayden's Gottcha Day. It was 4 years ago today that we picked him up at the orphanage to begin his new life with us. We didn't really do anything special today, we did get icecream sundaes tonight after meeting. He is so focussed on school starting monday that he really didn't know this was a real special day. We talked about it a bit yesterday, so he was aware of it. Happy Birthday to Aunt Jan too, all of it happened on her birthday, court and pickup. What a special day it was. I have just recently gotten all the video pulled off the old tapes and put on my computer to be burned to DVD's. I have some of it done, I plan to watch some of those videos tomorrow. Brayden really has enjoyed seeing himself as he saw Braxton last December. Those pics make it real for him now that he is old enough to understand. Nothing much new to report, just wanted to special note the day!! As of now, Brayden is really putting away the food. We must be about to hit a growth spurt. He ate two hotdogs with buns and one without on Friday when Granny and Aunt Jean were taking care of the kids while Roger and I celebrated my b-day. Then on Sat he ate quite a bit and Sunday too, Monday he ate two shredded beef burritos for supper. Today he had backed off the food a bit altho he ate a big sandwich with two pieces of bread, ham and cheese. Of course he is also eating all the required fruits and veggies with all of this. I put him up to the closet door last night and no growth spurt is noted yet, but perhaps in a week or so. Braxton on the other hand has added 3/4 inch and one pound again in a month. I swear if he begins talking the way he is growing we will really have a handful!! :-) He is going to be one big boy.

No comments: