Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Kindergarten Screening
Brayden's Kindergarten screening was Monday morning. Our apptmt was for 9:20 a.m. and we arrived right on time. There was a whole packet of paperwork to fill out, I think I filled in our names and addresses about 6-8 times. After 20 min of paperwork I was visiting with the other parents there. Didn't take long to discover that the three apptmts that were set up for 8 a.m. were still there at 9:45. We finally got to go to the first testing station of 4 at 10:45 a.m. Brayden watched Toy Story till we were called back. I asked to go along for the testing and it was granted. I took notes on what all the testing covered and was amazed at how indepth and above Kindergarten level it really was. I was already shocked at the length of time it took to get started and then the testing lasted for 1 1/2 hrs. Brayden was absolutely too tired to really concentrate on anything. I hope he will like his teacher better than he acted like he might during testing. She seems really nice, but she also said there wouldn't be any naps during the day either. I am not sure how that will go, Brayden is still used to at least alittle down time during the day, if not a real nap. I think they will find that kids with not enough rest go more than a little crazy by afternoon. I am NOT looking forward to school starting on the 23rd. I think I will have one of the most exhausted little boys in history. He is to get on the bus around 7:15 a.m. and get home around 4:30 p.m. That is a really long day for a little guy. I hope he likes it. If he didn't need the social aspect, I might consider home schooling him....oh, except I don't want to teach. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment