Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Gingerbread for the holidays
End of the school year for this year was fun. We made gingerbread houses on day and we also decorated gingerbread cookies on the very last day. On Sunday we made gingerbread cookies a family affair. I didn't realize that they would take so much time so was glad for all the help. Brayden enjoyed cutting them out and scraping away all the extra dough. We finally figured out it would go better if we didn't have to move them from the counter top to the cookie sheet so we just cut them out on the cookie sheet and saved a bunch of headache. It really worked out very well and was cold enough out that we could take the hot sheet out and wave it in the cold air for 4 min and it was cool enough to roll out on all over again. All in all it was fun but we were glad to be done too. Yesterday then I took the cookies to school and had the kids decorate them for their party. They had a good time with it. I was exhausted tho from being around kids all day. I know for certain now that I could never be a teacher!! Its fun every once in a while or even once a week, but sure not every day. We are officially on Christmas vacation now. It will be a nice relaxing two weeks. Sure have enjoyed the first day for certain and the boys have done well. It was warm outside so they played outside for awhile too which was very good for them. I do hope we get some snow sometime, but for now it was nice for it to be warmer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment