Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Funny quips

I haven't been posting much lately. However, we have some really funny quips recently. We have been reading about a murder trial lately in our newspaper. After our discussions the other night Brayden asked how people stayed out jail. We explained that everyone has to obey rules and behave to stay out of jail. Brayden says then "Has Papa ever gone to jail?" We said no Papa has always been good and obeyed the rules so he hasn't ever gone to jail. His next question was "Well how about Papa Great, he is soooo old, has he ever been in jail? It would be hard to be good for that long. " :-) This little boy has such a thought process!! Today I was helping at school and they have little books they are writing about their pets. Brayden picked his little kitty Pepper to write about. On one page he drew a picture of himself holding Pepper. He added some details on the cat and then a few on himself but he didn't put hair on his head. I asked him if he had hair, he said "No, I'm just a Dad." :-) Guess he doesn't think there are any dads out there that still have hair. :-) One can never deny the way a little brain works can be sooo funny!! Braxton is doing great with speech therapy. He is learning to mimic sounds better and even bantering about a few new words. Of course we can't understand much of what he is saying unless we have prompted him. As time goes on we will continue to make progress with his talking and will soon be able to really converse at least on a small level. It will certainly make a difference in our lives and we do look forward to that change. For now we remain very busy and enjoying life. We are all healthy tho I don't know how. Today there were 5 absent from Kindergarten, yesterday there were 7 absent. I don't know how long we will keep Brayden healthy, but we will keep trying to get him enough sleep and all he needs to try and keep it that way. I disinfected the entire Kindergarten room today hoping to help it out. The joys of public school.

No comments: