Monday, December 14, 2009

Going native

We have offically gone Russian, bought a hat and boots today, now all I need is the fur coat. Not really planning to do that, but good idea anyway. We are in a huge market in this pic, again video did more justice than pics, but you can see tons of veggies and fruits behind us. There were sooo many stands like this, then the meat counter...guaranteed to not meet USDA standards, chunks of animal laying on these huge stumps with axes waiting to be cut. Simply amazing to see and the smell well we just won't try to describe that other than to say its good it was only 12 degrees and snowing...not sure I would want to smell this place in the summer. REally really yucky at above freezing temps. Today you could buy icewater anywhere in the city, all the street vendors with water bottles were selling icewater whether they wanted to or not!! :-) Iced juice, tea etc all were available with fresh ice. It was cold for touring, but we did it anyway.
Just got word from Jill that today Braxton doesn't have a temp anymore so is on the mend. He still isn't himself, but working on getting that way.
Now, mama is doing better, Brayden is having some tummy trouble tonight. Beginning to wonder is it a bug or is it the milk, what is it?? Wish I knew, all I can do is try to get through it. I am doing better tho not perfect, but can't really complain.
Tamara is doing wonderful with cooking our meals, don't know what I would do without her at this point. sure don't want to be eating sandwiches and that is what it would be most likely. I am learning tho from her that I can do a lot with what they sell at the market. Moscow might be better than sandwiches and breakfast. Still learning so it remains to be seen. Now I am heading to bed before my eyes cross!!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

This was sure fun...to read all your new posts. You missed a great special meeting here but hopefully you will have a good one there. All your touring pictures are awesome. The design and intricacy of the buildings are hard to believe, and they weren't built with the tools and equipment we have today. Glad that the update on Braxton was positive. I also enjoyed your market description :)

Lorraine Thompson said...

I love all that you are doing; busy, busy! Sawyer and I looked at pictures today! He was so excited to see his friend Brayden on the computer... esp. the fish and dino pics! Hope to see more and finish reading... you little novelist! Lorraine

Anonymous said...

I love the hat. David has always wanted one of those!!!! See all that you can, it will be something you will all always remember. I love following along. I check it each morning to see where else ou have been. I am waiting for the Christmas pics from Moscow. Julie