Friday, December 25, 2009
Merry Christmas to everyone
Merry Christmas to all at home. We are having a real down day today, just relaxing and hanging out. I am hanging out more in the bathroom than anywhere else. We ate at McDonalds yest after not having greasy food in my belly for weeks and then nothing of any substance in it for hours, it didn't set well and neither did the pizza for supper. I don't know if it is just the food or a bug, don't really care it still isn't much fun. I have had a few instances this whole trip when I just didn't do well with my stomach. Can't wait to get home and settled there again, normal food, normal water, normal bed etc. You get the idea!!
Ok now for the big news...are you ready...we found out yest that we could get the boys visa's yest same day as application and we can clear the Russian consulate today and we can leave Russia on SUNDAY!! We got our flights all changed and we will leave here at 7:05 and go through Frankfurt routed back to Denver and then to Casper at 6:25 p.m. Sunday night. We will still stay the night in Casper and come on home Monday. Its not a lot, but it is some. We have decided that buying groceries in Moscow isn't very cheap either, what they bought last night cost 3x what groceries in Pskov cost. don't know if they just found a really high end grocery store or if they really are that much more expensive. This store didn't have baby food or diapers, so maybe it was just too high end. This afternoon we may try to get out just a little after their nap. Natasha comes by at 1 to drop off their offical adoption paper packet and passports and then she will come back at 4 to drop off their Consulate registration papers. So maybe after she comes we will sneak out for a bit. Tomorrow we will do Red Square again and get some pics and then get ourselves packed. We have been making use of the washing machine here at the apt, I think the only time it isn't in use is when its the middle of the night. We literally didn't have clean clothes to wear when we arrived and neither did Jill.
Hope you all enjoy your Christmas Day with family and friends. If it were possible to show you pics of Moscow all decorated and do it justice I would, and still will but the pics don't show its true beauty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay, yay, YAY!!!! I will be thinking of you all day on Sunday!!! I forget when your family returns back home from NZ, too. Will they get to meet Braxton sooner than later?
THANK YOU again for sharing this journey with us!! Merry Christmas to you, too!!! I know you've received one of the best presents ever (I'm sure that Brayden thinks so, too! :o)!!
Post a Comment